Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Mish Mash of Sketches and 12 Digits

Six items was a good number of items for a sketch for Hunt 519.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1437379

The sketch is in the big coffee table book, a whole page.  I was regretting that when I started coloring with colored pencils.  I did a halfway job and it still took forever!  I could have painted it 4 times in pastel.  Of course I can't put pastel in the big book and I'm still not 1/3 of the way through it.  Sigh....




#5, pair -salt and pepper, a new set with batteries.
#6, from the kitchen - pepper from stove
#7, crunchy - pretzels, I started with 6
#8, sour - lime
#9, sweet - candies (Werther's and cinnamon taffy)
#10, bottle - stayed with the theme of balsamic vinegar as other sketchers were using their different bottles.

Gene wanted to know how many pretzels were there, since I couldn't count the blueberries that day.  Well, I found another time I didn't count. 

I was going to draw my hand and Gene's hand for a card, so I was looking at this to see if I could use it by just erasing one hand and putting Gene's hand in.  Save time, right.  I did so and printed it out.  I left the hand on the right of mine.  Well, Gene said the fingers looked funny so I looked again.  Ack!  Five fingers and a thumb. 

I had already erased and put in Gene's hand of course on the left.  Well, now that I was posting this to laugh about that mistake I see that I have the same on the left hand. (This is the original, not the change with Gene's hand)  Twelve digits on my hands!!   Good thing I didn't like the printing.  I finally just did them over again with pen and ink.  No printing involved.

Will I never learn?  I evidently didn't post it in my blog, but did put it on the Scavenger Hunt .... I think.


5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

It may have taken you longer than doing it in pastel, but it looks great!

Jennifer Rose said...

oops lol
extra fingers would come in handy sometimes tho

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. I am too impatient! Ha.

Jennifer Rose, didn't think of the advantage. Heh, heh. Now I'm thinking it might be nice. More jewelry!

Bag Blog said...

The extra finger made me smile. It sounds like something I would do. It is spelling that gets me. Whenever I have to write words in front of people, my mind goes blank - like the time I was making a bulletin board and cut out the letters, but left out the L in English. Or this past Friday when someone handed me a marker and asked me to label the lids on food items at a lunch we served after a funeral. Potato - does that have an e? Suddenly the word did not look right. How embarrassing to have to ask someone.

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, Bag Blog. I do fine in spelling until someone asks about potato a word like that, then it never looks right. Cinammon, uh cinnamon, etc. You made me smile.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)